Today it has finally hit me that I'm leaving pretty darn soon and if I want to do this going away thing right, I had better get started! I spent about 2 hours making a five minute slide show to share with my friends and family at my going away party coming up. The trickiest part for me was summing up a year of unique experiences in so little time...I just don't want to bore people and I think the length of "Clocks" by Coldplay with a Buena Vista Club interpretation is about as long as I can push it...I have also decided that I want to receive hand written letters from everyone that I care about, and rather than wait for them to come and possibly be disappointed, I am going to buy myself a notebook today and make it my yearbook of sorts and force people to sign it =) I also want to start getting my gifts together. Rather than buying or making stuff and lugging a whole bunch of stuff back to the US I would rather give some of my personal things away to my friends here, and so far it is working out amazing well! I feel good about leaving parts of me here in Chile and honestly don't need to bring back all the personal belongs I have accumulated here throughout the year. I am planning on using my time to catch up with people and tell them how much I enjoy their company. I just realized that I have a class to teach in about 40 minutes so it's time to hop in the shower and hopefully buy the notebook after that to start getting people signing it! Chau.
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment